Wednesday 2 May 2018

Rusty Elements by Jennie

Hello to you all and welcome to a bit of a different series of projects from me for this month of May!


In April I was very lucky to be able to attend a workshop run by DecoArt and I learnt a number of new techniques for rusting. So for my three projects in May I thought I would revisit these techniques using Calico Craft Parts ATCs but in my own style and colours. So here is No. 1.



I have used two pieces for this ATC, both of which were painted with DecoArt Tinting Base. I then stamped the top one with Archival Ink and created some texture on the larger piece using a text stencil.


I did not know that the Fluid Acrylics could be be made into sprays ...... ! Wow wonderful news for me as I do like my colours a  little more muted.


And so this is the effect when you spray ...... (I just LoVE this!) .....


..... and a little stronger over the text.


I then used the same colours on my embellishments with the addition of a little Paynes Grey. Each colour was "splodged" in layers with a brush to allow the other to show through.  

And here are a few close ups of the finished ATC.





I really love these effects and the more muted colour appeals to me. 
(Shame about the bit of fluff which got onto the cog!)

Look out for my next two ATCs which will use the same colours but some different techniques!

Thank you for joining me today and happy crafting!

Jennie x


Calico Craft Parts Used today:




4 comments:

  1. Fabulous effects with the sprayed Fluid Acrylics - definitely one to try - and I love the intricate cogs... I may need to go shopping!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely wonderful and such a great tip on the sprays! Fantastic inspiration Jennie! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  3. great piece and yes I just learnt that you can make a spray with the fluid inks/acrylics. I need more sprayers. Love your colour choices. Great work as always Jennie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant project, Jennie, absolutely brimming over with interesting effects. I love the background and the rusty cogs. xx

    ReplyDelete